Friday, July 22, 2011

Employee Spotlight for August!

Our spotlighted employee for August is....Kim Hale.
1.       What do you miss most about being a kid? I miss going home to Texas via a hot 25 hour car ride with the seat belts on the floor. Sitting on the “Hassock” that my grandmother reupholstered with the big center button. Family lined up on the Divan.  We still talk about it.  Car rides to the fruit stands to pick the best snap green beans for dinner. The sound of the kadeedids (? spelling) clicking in the hot night air as I watched my mother’s shadow combing her long hair that she had taken down for the night. She would be in her thin cotton pink night gown. The stillness that over came the busy house hold and my mother’s hushed voice, quietly to her own mother, ”do you need anything Mother, before I go to bed?”

No comments:

Post a Comment